Monday, November 16, 2009

7 months!


In two days its going to be 7 months that I landed in Portland. What an amazing, crazy, emotional and pain in the ass 7 months it's been!


First of all let me say the weather so far has be lovely. I am from desert of Phoenix. Its fucking dry there people. I don't like having my skin burned off my bones 6 to 7 months a year. But I'm not sure how i will do with no sun for the next 7 months. Guess I'm going to find out!


So let me tell you some things I've learned here.


1. Budweiser is not a real beer. In fact it's just water down urine (not that I've ever thought that but this is to inform readers back in Phoenix)


2. wear layers! One moment it's sunny and beautiful and the next it's raining and fucking freezing and five minutes later it warms up 10 degrees till sunset.


3. Portland does not have a real ghetto that I have seen yet. Just white kids trying to act like Tu Pac in the hoods of NYC.


4. PDX is not PHX or where ever the fuck you are from. Portland is Portland and that's that. Once you accept that you'll be fine.


5. There is no spicy food here! Has anyone heard of seasoning here?? (If there is please tell me where!)


6. Portland is weird because of all the passive aggressive people who fear the aggressive people like me. *evil grin*


7. The real guppies are the white suburban kids who grow dreads, smoke pot, say they swear they live by the Communist Manifesto wile they live off their parents trust funds and call me a guppy because I eat meat on my fine china wile drinking Maker's Mark Whiskey in Jack in The Box cup I got this afternoon with my tacos. :)


8. Food Front is a rip off on food!


9. You will get lost in the streets because it is a maze and people will tell you "but it's a grid." Yeah a fucked up grid!


10. Just be your self and if people don't like you they'll just sit in the corner all passive aggressively when you have fun with you new wild and aggressive friends you just made.

No comments:

Post a Comment